TOP Network Biweekly Report： August 25- September 07
It’s been more than a month since TOP Network came out of stealth mode. The project has been going smoothly. Our community is growing fast and the team is expanding as well. Here we updated the recent progress to our supporters and followers.
I. Technical Development
Core Chain & Core Network
1. PBFTconsensus algorithm upgraded to asynchronous mode V0.5. This version supports concurrent execution consensus inspection on different transactions.
2. Implemented lock-free CACHE system on the existing persistence DB. Supported high-speed access of asynchronous high-concurrency to accounts and transactions .
3. Replaced ED/X25519 and DSA algorithm code. Optimized signature and check package code. Increased the signature and inspection performance under stress testing by 3+ times.
4. Reconstructed P2P network transmission and GOSSIP transmission code. Supported concurrent multi-threaded transmission, and improved concurrency by packet processing.
5. Reconstructed PBFT processing flow and introduced a thread pool to improve the capability of concurrent transactions under different accounts.
6. Reconstructed RPC module, introduced gRPC framework, and improved the capability of parallel processing of RPC nodes for various requests and transactions of CLIENT.
7. Reconstructed the transaction synchronization module to improve the robustness of processing abnormal situations — especially handling abnormal problems found in high-frequency uplink and downlink tests of nodes.
II. Community Activities
TOP Network’s community keeps growing as members in our official Telegram group actively bring questions and discussions. We celebrated Labor Day in the U.S. on Sept. 3 and appreciated the support from our community members. We will work our way to build TOP with you！
TOP’s CMO Noah Wang attended TOKENIZE YOUR BUSINESS + CRYPTOFUND on Aug. 31, an event hosted by TSVCrypto, a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm under Tsinghua Entrepreneur and Executive Club. Noah introduced TOP’s products and the development of the project, focusing on the value of Token Economy and the pain points TOP Token aims to solve.
1. A new team member Roxanne joined TOP as a PR manager specializing in content writing and marketing strategy. Roxanne covered business and healthcare news at Medill News Service. She interned at The Wall Street Journal, Reuters and American Banker. Roxanne earned a master’s degree in journalism from Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University and completed her undergraduate degree at Tsinghua University in China.
2. The TOP U.S. team traveled to Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, and Kings Canyon National Park for team building. Sequoia is one of the fastest-growing trees on Earth. Even the medium-sized sequoias are larger and older than most other trees. They are able to survive for thousands of years due to the extensive roots and strong adaptability. Our team will keep growing fast and adapt to challenges like sequoias.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network providing cloud communication services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more. Enabled by blockchain 4.0 technology, TOP Network is secure, low cost and unstoppable.
TOP is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed for enabling real-world business on blockchain. With its three-layered ledgers, two-layered sharding, instant transaction, and zero transaction fees, TOP can process any volume and any size of real-world business on blockchain.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of three communication apps built by the TOP team in the past. These three apps will be moved to TOP Network immediately after TOP is launched. With over 50 million users combined, they will bring a huge volume of transactions to the TOP ecosystem. Particularly, TOP will become a proven public blockchain platform that can handle millions of DAU and hundred thousands of TPS.
TOP was founded by Steve and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve is a successful serial entrepreneur. He was one of the earliest employees of WebEx. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010.
With a world-class team of over 100 developers, we are building TOP Network to become the public network infrastructure layer for all apps.
We have closed $8 million early investment from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital, LD Capital and more.