TOP Network Biweekly Report 20180922-20181005
It’s been more than two months since TOP Network came out of stealth mode. The project has been going smoothly. Our community is growing fast and the team is expanding as well. We’ve also been raising investment and establishing partnership with industry leaders. Meanwhile, we’re hosting a blockchain night on Oct. 16 at Stanford University featuring keynote speeches and the official launch of our Testnet! Here is the update on our recent progress.
TOP Network is partnering with CEO Club at Stanford on Oct. 16 to host a night featuring top blockchain projects in Silicon Valley. Eric Yuan, founder of Zoom Video Communications, will talk about how he started as an early employee of WebEx and became the most popular CEO in the U.S according to a list by Glassdoor. We will launch TOP Testnet officially and kick off the first round of node recruitment. Click here to earn tokens up to $1,000! FREE food and drink provided!
1. Completed the signature and integrity verification for the decentralized node system. Verified technical design and details of implementation.
2.Optimized the processing of consensus modules for network fluctuation and out-of-order packets. The current version can handle all the extreme circumstances in 30 minutes when packets are out of order.
3. Improve the Web-Wallet Client and optimized the integration of Testnet and Bounty Program.
4. Completed network deployment of 3 zones and 6 shards.
5. Continued pressure test and unit test, especially the tests for multi-zone, multi-shard, multi-layer P2P network. Found new bugs after another round test for codes and features and fixed P1/P2 bugs.
1. Our community is growing fast. The number of members in our official Telegram has reached 4,800. Members are actively bringing up questions and participating in discussions.
2. We celebrated Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day in China with our community members in the past two weeks. The open communication services provided by TOP enables people around the world to connect with their families and friends wherever they are.
Blockchain venture capital Consensus Lab announced its strategic investment in TOP Network. Founded by Feng Wang, who is also the founder of Mars Blockchain, a blockchain and cryptocurrency news platform, Consensus Lab is a venture capital focusing on investment, incubation and research in blockchain projects. Earlier this year, TOP Network closed a $6 million series A round, investors including Fenbushi Capital, Danhua Capital (DHVC), NEO Global Capital and LD Capital.
A new team member Lauren Feng joined TOP Network as a community manager. Lauren graduated from Shantou University with a bachelor’s degree in international journalism. She has experience in news reporting and marketing, and interned at China National Radio Guangdong Branch and Ding Xiang Yuan. She is responsible for community operations at TOP.