TOP Network Weekly Report: August 11-August 17
It’s been two weeks since TOP Network came out of stealth mode, and the project has been going smoothly. Here we updated the progress of this week to all our supporters and followers.
I. Technical Development
- Core Chain
1) Improved the PBFT consensus algorithm to v0.3: Complexity of the consensus algorithm is optimized from previous O(N*N) to O(N) level, and a consensus process now only requires (5f+1) replying packets.
2) Improved the algorithm of data synchronization between nodes to v0.2. Now supports incremental synchronization of node data.
3) RPC Server now supports asynchronous mode and higher concurrency.
4) Deploying private testnet v0.3.
- Core Network
1) Implemented Reliable UDP v0.1 to accelerate reliable transmission between nodes.
2) Introduced asio network library to replace libuv, providing better asynchronous io management.
- Base application
1) Completed HD Wallet’s schematic technical design.
2) Complete the technical verification of the HD key.
- Testing & Bugfix
1) Built a mock environment for PBFT and data synchronization module testing, which allows independent testing to simulate consensus process.
2) Fixed bugs found in mock testing.
- The executive summary of TOP Network project was released on our official website(topnetwork.org). All the key information about TOP Network can be found in the executive summary, which is more readable than the whitepaper.
II. Community Activities
- Celebrated Chinese Valentine’s Day on August 17th. With TOP Network and all the services it could provide, couples would never be apart.
- Steve, CEO & Co-founder of TOP Network was interviewed by Coin Crunch. Coin Crunch is a renowned community for blockchain technology. It named TOP Network as “a serious game changer” and “maybe one of the first projects with actual users”. Interview video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbtoUNexQcw&feature=youtu.be.
- ICOholder (icoholder.com) listed TOP Network on its website. ICOholder is a platform that was established to provide its users with reliable information about the best Initial Coin Offering projects.
- Jimmy, a former technical expert of Huawei and senior software engineer is joining the TOP Network team. Jimmy holds a master’s degree from one of most prestigious universities in China and had been working in Huawei since April 2015. Jimmy will be responsible for C++ development after joining TOP Network.
- TOP Network just hired a new PR manager June. June earned her bachelor’s from Nanjing University in China, and graduated from Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University with a master’s degree in business journalism. She had experience interning and working at CBNweekly, The Wall Street Journal and Jiemian News. After joining TOP Network, she will responsible for content writing, technical writing and content marketing.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network providing cloud communication services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more. Enabled by blockchain 4.0 technology, TOP Network is secure, low cost and unstoppable.
TOP Chain is a high-performance DAG-based blockchain platform designed for real-world business. With its three-layered ledgers, two-layered sharding, instant transaction, and zero transaction fees, TOP Chain can process any volume and any size of real-world business on blockchain.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of three communication apps built by the TOP team in the past. These three apps will be moved to TOP Network immediately after TOP is launched. With over 45 million users combined, they will bring a huge volume of transactions to the TOP ecosystem. Particularly, TOP Chain will become a proven public blockchain platform that can handle millions of DAU and hundred thousands of TPS.
TOP was founded by Steve and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve is a successful serial entrepreneur. He was one of the earliest employees of WebEx. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010.
With a world-class team of over 100 developers, we are building TOP Network to become the public network infrastructure layer for all apps.
We have closed $8 million USD early investment from prestigious institution investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital, LD Capital and more.