TOP Network Weekly Report: August 18-August 24
It’s been three weeks since TOP Network came out of stealth mode. The project has been going smoothly, and our community is growing fast. Here we updated the progress of this week to all our supporters and followers.
I. Technical Development
- Improved the PBFT consensus algorithm to asynchronous mode V0.4. Complexity of a consensus process optimized from (5f+1) to (3f+1). The next version will support parallel asynchronous PBFT consensus on different transactions.
- Improved the GOSSIP algorithm. Now supports three modes to synchronize data: pull, push, and push-pull.
- Implemented decentralized node discovery service V0.1. Significantly improved tolerance for frequent online/offline of nodes and network faults between nodes.
- Added fault-tolerance process to Edge for transaction timeout due to network issues: Re-broadcasts transactions when transaction timeout is detected.
- Optimized database process for transaction data of nodes. Achieved parallel reading and writing of various data under the same account.
II. Community Activities
- TOP Network’s community keeps expanding and the number of members in our Telegram group has reached 4,600.
- TOP Network received investment from Struck Capital. Struck Capital is a partnership of investors, colleagues and advisors with experience in private equity, M&A, corporate law and entrepreneurship. They invest in venture companies led by visionary technologists. Their past investments include innovative companies such as Nutanix, the leader in the hyperconverged market; Wunder, the leader in urban ride-sharing for the emerging market; and LiquiGlide, an MIT spinout and the first company to create permanently wet slippery surfaces.
- A new team member Wayne has joined TOP as a community manager. He got his bachelor’s degree in China Academy of Finance Development in Central University of Finance and Economics, and got his master’s degree in finance in Rady School of Management in UC San Diego. He has worked in Orient Minerva Asset Management in Beijing and Starr in San Francisco as an intern. In TOP Network, Wayne manages social communities including Telegram and Bitcointalk.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network providing cloud communication services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more. Enabled by blockchain 4.0 technology, TOP Network is secure, low cost and unstoppable.
TOP Chain is a high-performance DAG-based blockchain platform designed for real-world business. With its three-layered ledgers, two-layered sharding, instant transaction, and zero transaction fees, TOP Chain can process any volume and any size of real-world business on blockchain.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of three communication apps built by the TOP team in the past. These three apps will be moved to TOP Network immediately after TOP is launched. With over 45 million users combined, they will bring a huge volume of transactions to the TOP ecosystem. Particularly, TOP Chain will become a proven public blockchain platform that can handle millions of DAU and hundred thousands of TPS.
TOP was founded by Steve and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve is a successful serial entrepreneur. He was one of the earliest employees of WebEx. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010.
With a world-class team of over 100 developers, we are building TOP Network to become the public network infrastructure layer for all apps.
We have closed $8 million USD early investment from prestigious institution investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital, LD Capital and more.