TOP Network Weekly Report: June 17 — June 23
In the past week, our development team were sprinting to fix bugs and wrapping up the code review for TOP Chain, while we continued to get featured at industry summits around the world. TOP CEO Steve is keynoting at CloudExpo on June 26 in Silicon Valley. TOP CMO Noah will present at Asia Blockchain Summit in Taipei on July 2. On June 22, Noah was invited to attend the award ceremony of “2019 Top 10 Technological Projects” in Asia, a concurrent event at World Blockchain Forum in Singapore. Steve was interviewed by mainstream media for expert insights regarding recent industry news like Facebook’s blockchain projects and Huawei-U.S. clash.
1.Noah is attending Asia Blockchain Summit, a world-class gathering of blockchain celebrities scheduled on July 2 in Taipei. The summit that has attracted hundreds of prestigious speakers including founders of Binance, BitMEX, TRON, Litecoin and more, will mark our first offline debut in Taiwai. Please keep in touch with us for more updates about the upcoming summit!
2. As CloudExpo in Silicon Valley kicked off on June 24, Steve will give a keynote speech in the blockchain session on 26. The conference held in Silicon Valley this year with 10 tracks including cloud computing, IoT, fintech, big data, and more, has over 200 high-quality speech sessions and more than 150 speakers from the world-class tech companies in Silicon Valley like Google, IBM, VMware, and more.
Striving for the safety and reliability of the main net, TOP team was dedicated to wrapping up the code review and testing.
1. TOP Chain security attack test: Tested with a new attack model that randomly combines SYBIL attack, eclipse attack, network isolation attack and Penny Spend attack. Found a number of high-risk security vulnerabilities and started fixing them.
2. TOP Chain code security scan: Completed the second round of code scan, by cross scanning with different tools. Found and resolved a number of potentially insecure code points.
3. TOP Chain code internal audit: Completed code review of the PBFT state machine module. Found and resolved a number of code points that are likely to be attacked.
4. TOP chain anti-DDOS attack stress test: Completed the first round of anti-attack against EDGE nodes. Improved the performance of EDGE against the attack of REPLAY packet.
TOP was awarded as “2019 Top 10 Technological Projects” in Asia. TOP Network stood out among hundreds of applicants through the rigorous selection process due to the cutting-edge underlying technology and achievable use cases. Noah was invited to attend the award ceremony at World Blockchain Forum in Singapore on June 22 to share TOP’s successful experience as well as future prospects with over 4000 industry leaders, media representatives and blockchain enthusiasts from around the world.
Featured in Media
1. Steve was interviewed by Caijing Magazine, one of the most reputable magazines in China, regarding Facebook’s blockchain project Libra. According to Steve, the fact that Libra has 100 nodes, a number surpassing most of the blockchain projects in the market, signifies Libra will be more decentralized compared to the other crypto counterparts.
2. Steve joined an online discussion hosted by Shenlian Caijing, one of the most influential crypto media in China, with other industry pundits including founder of Kuaidi, founder of ArcBlock, and more. During the heated debate on Libra, Steve elaborated his doubts on the future of the decentralized banking institutions.
3. Steve published an op-ed on forkast.news, proposing an alternative solution to Huawei’s blacklising dilemma — decentralization. According to Steve, as the stakes of 5G technology are rising, centralization will bring more concerns. Decentralization can leverage the resources and power, thus enhancing trust, transparency and security that have been overlooked in the centralized system.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-PoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 60 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
On March 26th, TOP Network made its debut as the first project launched through Huobi Prime — Huobi’s selective Direct Premium Offering platform. A total of 1.5 billion TOP Tokens were sold out in seconds, after which the price of TOP surged 2770% once it was freely tradable. Upon the listing, TOP’s trading volume hit $100 million in just eight seconds, and surpassed the trading volume of Bitcoin at $250 million in less than a week, ranking first in terms of volume on Huobi Global. Before that, TOP Network has closed $15 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.