TOP Network Weekly Report: June 24 — June 30
TOP co-founders showed up at two big industry summits in the past week. On June 26, TOP CMO Noah keynoted at Mobile World Congress (MWC) Shanghai, the most influential conference in the telecom industry, sharing the same stage with the telecom giants in China including China Mobile and China Telecom. TOP CEO Steve presented at CloudExpo in Silicon Valley, a technical-themed conference having attracted a number of prominent speakers from the tech giants like Google, IBM, and more. In terms of the technical progress, our developers continued to fix bugs, conduct code reviews and stress test for further improvements on the TOP chain. Steve is joining an online panel featuring the most distinguished public chain projects in China at 8pm (GMT+8) on July 5. Stay tuned with us for more recent updates!
- On June 26th, TOP CMO Noah was invited to attend Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Shanghai as a keynote speaker to talked about the application of blockchain in the telecom industry and elaborated TOP’s architecture, core values and technological advantages. MWC is the world’s most influential conference in the telecom industry. The summit this year in Shanghai, with the theme of “Intelligent Connectivity”, has attracted more than 60,000 attendees from over 20 countries and regions. TOP has also accepted the invitation and confirmed to attend the MWC in Los Angeles in October.
- On June 26, TOP CEO Steve attended CloudExpo in Silicon Valley and shared the technological innovations of TOP’s cloud communication services with developers and technical pundits from the tech giants in Silicon Valley including Google, IBM, Oracle, and more. Click here to view the slides to learn more about our cloud communication services and Dapps.
• Security attack simulation and improvement on the TOP chain: Continued solving the high-risk bugs discovered last week, and fix three of them. Two bugs that affect the overall architecture and the adjustment of the economic model were left unsolved.
• Tool scan of the code on the TOP chain: Continued to fix the potential risk points discovered in the code scan by multiple tools last week.
• Internal code review and audit on the TOP chain: Our internal audit team completed the code review of management module in the transaction pool.
• Stress test against DDoS attack and the corresponding improvement on the TOP chain: Completed security protection on the edge network against the replay packet.
1. At 8pm (GMT+8) on July 5, Steve will join an online panel featuring the most distinguished public chain projects in China with founders of GXChain, VNTchain, ArcBlock, and Nebulas, to discuss the technical challenges and application of public blockchain.
2. We rolled out a special online activity starting last Friday to inspire our community members on WeChat to share their experience and insights regarding a specific topic. The first topic was “your most successful investment”, and more conversational topics are on the way to spark our global communities. Please stay with us and invite your friends to like your comments to gain TOP secret gifts together!
3. In preparation for the significant milestone of our Testnet 4.0, we are about to release a series of activities to engage our communities in our joint efforts to ensure the public chain is secure, applicable and reliable. Please keep an eye out on my official channels for more details!
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-PoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 60 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
On March 26th, TOP Network made its debut as the first project launched through Huobi Prime — Huobi’s selective Direct Premium Offering platform. A total of 1.5 billion TOP Tokens were sold out in seconds, after which the price of TOP surged 2770% once it was freely tradable. Upon the listing, TOP’s trading volume hit $100 million in just eight seconds, and surpassed the trading volume of Bitcoin at $250 million in less than a week, ranking first in terms of volume on Huobi Global. Before that, TOP Network has closed $15 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.