TOP Network Weekly Report: May 27-June 2
TOP team has been extremely busy after kicking off the first week in June. We launched on Coinsuper, a Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange. Coinsuper is also the second exchange we officially got listed on. The technical team continues to improve the performance of Testnet 4.0, especially synchronization reliability and security. Our CMO Noah held an AMA in the WeChat group and Steve is joining Coin98, a Vietnam-based blockchain community, for AMA on June 6. Steve was also interviewed by Crypto Beadles, one of the most-subscribed crypto YouTube channels. As the date of our Mainnet launch is approaching, we will roll out more information about staking, node recruitment, and more. Please follow our official channels for latest updates!
Listing on Coinsuper
TOP Network launched on Coinsuper, a Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange, on June 4. Coinsuper users will have access to deposit and withdraw TOP beginning at 12 pm (GMT+8) on June 4 and freely trade TOP against USD and BTC at 5 pm (GMT+8) on June 6. The circulating supply of TOP remains around 2.5 billion, accounting for 12.5% of the total supply. Backed by a team of financial industry veterans, Coinsuper has quickly grown up to the largest crypto exchange in Hong Kong. The new listing on Coinsuper, which offers the fiat gateway for cryptocurrency, will substantially increase the liquidity of TOP and beef up the confidence of the token holders.
1. TOP Testnet 4.0 performance optimization:
• Optimized the ordered transmission algorithm on Gossip layered and increased the packet transmission efficiency to nearly N, which is significantly higher compared with the traditional Gossip transmission rate (=N*Log(Log(N))).
• Integrated the Gossip ordered transmission algorithm (for efficiency) and Gossip high anti-packet-loss transmission algorithm (for reliability), enabling the hash head of packest to go through the channel for anti-packet-loss while the data block to pass the channel for high-speed transmission. These two parts combine together and trigger the data synchronization then.
2. TOP Testnet 4.0 optimization for synchronization reliability: Synchronized data step by step from neighboring nodes, failover to higher-level nodes, which can even achieve up to archive nodes.
3. TOP Testnet 4.0 optimization for synchronization security: Added audit for data reliability of archive nodes for the data synchronized from new nodes in addition to the original signature and hash check.
1.TOP CMO Noah joined our official WeChat group community on June 4 to answer questions regarding the recent updates including listing, Mainnet, Dapps, and more. We will publish the English recap soon in case you missed out. If you have any further questions, drop us a line in the comments below. We’ll have your question answered in the next AMA!
2. We’re collaborating with Coin98 to have our first AMA in Vietnam community at 10pm PST on June 6! Join Coin98 Facebook group for a warm-up.
3. Check out our recent Technical Spotlight story to dig deeper into TOP’s solution to the Single-Sharding Takeover issue.
Featured in Media
Crypto Beadles, one of the most-subscribed crypto YouTube channels, conducted an exclusive interview with TOP CEO Steve. In this 33-minute in-depth interview, Steve not only talked about the use case of TOP, but also shared his personal experience from Tsinghua University, WebEx, Huawei, to the blockchain industry. 👉 Follow the 80k+ subscribers to watch this inspiring Q&A!
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-DPoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 60 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
On March 26th, TOP Network made its debut as the first project launched through Huobi Prime — Huobi’s selective Direct Premium Offering platform. A total of 1.5 billion TOP Tokens were sold out in seconds, after which the price of TOP surged 2770% once it was freely tradable. Upon the listing, TOP’s trading volume hit $100 million in just eight seconds, and surpassed the trading volume of Bitcoin at $250 million in less than a week, ranking first in terms of volume on Huobi Global. Before that, TOP Network has closed $15 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.