TOP Network Weekly Report: May 4 — May 10
Considering the feedback from our community members, we will start publishing weekly reports instead of biweekly ones from this week. Our technical team enhanced and optimized features on Testnet 4.0 and the decentralized Apps. TOP community keeps expanding thanks to the traffic driven by Testnet bounty and the in-depth stories in our Technical Spotlight column. TOP announced partnership with Tripio, a decentralized travel marketplace having over 450,000 global accommodations, bringing another valuable use case for TOP token. TOP CEO Steve keynoted at Huobi Crypto Prime Meetup in New York. Take a look at the detailed achievements TOP has done in the past week.
1. Enhanced features on TOP Testnet 4.0:
• Support multiple conditions like time, single-signature, multi-signatures and consensus to freeze and unfreeze assets and credits. Solved the last technical barrier of enabling the main blockchain to support off-chain (Layer 2) transactions;
• Support multi-level account system. Enable the parent account to control the permissions of various sub-accounts like the right to transfer, voting, more. Provide the merchandizers and miners with relatively complete services including asset management, authority management and approval process;
2. Optimized the anti-block capability for the kernel version 0.9 of the decentralized VPN: support virtual packets to pass through standard HTTPS, SSL/TLS, DNS protocol to transmit agents;
3. Verified the core functions of the PC version of decentralized VPN Dapp;
4. Completed the joint adjustment for the decentralized game (a gambling DApp) based on TOP smart contracts and the main chain API.
- Hundres of our community members participated in the second round of our bounty program to play with our decentralized lottery application and snap up a total of 10,000 TOP tokens.
2. You must have heard of TOP’s two-layer sharding, one of the most innovation techniques in our distributed ledger design, but may not access to dig deeper. Read this Technical Spotlight article that elaborates the advanced technique in a jargon-free way. Join our Discord group to have more technical discussions with the developer community!
TOP Network announced strategic partnership with Tripio, a decentralized travel marketplace, to explore areas of collaboration. Tripio will be incorporating TOP Network’s token TOP into their decentralized travel marketplace as a method of payment that their 800,000 global customers can use to access over 450,000 accommodations around the globe.
On May 12, TOP CEO Steve keynoted at Huobi Crypto Prime Meetup, a warm-up event for the annual New York Consensus Week. As one of the most significant speakers, Steve shared TOP’s experience of getting listed on Huobi Prime and TOP’s short-term plan as well as long-term mission.
You can find TOP Network on:
Email Contact: email@example.com
Official Website: http://www.topnetwork.org
About TOP Network
TOP Network is a decentralized open communication network that provides cloud communication services on the blockchain. TOP offers secure, low-cost services such as messaging, calling, video, VPN, CDN, IoT data sharing and more.
TOP Network is also a high-performance public blockchain platform designed to handle real-world business of any size or volume. Powered by innovations including three-layer network, two-layer sharding, two-layer lattice DAG and PBFT-DPoS*, TOP can process several hundred thousand transactions per second on the blockchain.
The long-term mission of TOP Network is to build a public blockchain infrastructure for all Dapps. Our world-class team of over 100 developers is striving for this goal.
TOP Network originated from the common underlying network layer of Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN, three communication apps built by the TOP team before the blockchain project. These apps, having attracted over 60 million users in total, will be ported to TOP Network upon the launch of TOP and generate huge volumes of transactions in the TOP ecosystem.
TOP Network was founded by serial entrepreneur Steve Wei and his colleagues in late 2017. Steve was one of the earliest employees of WebEx in the 1990s. After WebEx, he founded a successful video conferencing software company which was acquired by Huawei in 2010. In 2012, Steve co-founded Dingtone, a public listed company operating popular communication apps such as Dingtone, CoverMe and SkyVPN.
On March 26th, TOP Network made its debut as the first project launched through Huobi Prime — Huobi’s selective Direct Premium Offering platform. A total of 1.5 billion TOP Tokens were sold out in seconds, after which the price of TOP surged 2770% once it was freely tradable. Upon the listing, TOP’s trading volume hit $100 million in just eight seconds, and surpassed the trading volume of Bitcoin at $167 million in less than a week, ranking first in terms of volume on Huobi Global. Before that, TOP Network has closed $15 million early investments from prestigious institutional investors and individual billionaire investors, including DHVC, Fenbushi Capital, NEO Global Capital (NGC), Ontology Global Capital (OGC), LD Capital and more.